Call for Artists!
The Grimsby Public Art Gallery’s annual auction, Visions 2017: ArtExpo67 is the gallery’s primary fundraising event. Organized and run by the Volunteer Committee of the Grimsby Public Art Gallery, the auction supports gallery operations, activities and programs. The auction always includes a selection of original works of art and fine craft in a wide range of media and styles. Most of these pieces are generously donated by the people who created them, the artists and artisans in our community.
Download our full submission package here:
1. Eligible works include all areas of fine craft and visual art.
2. Works must be originals and created by the donor.
3. Deadline for submission is Sunday March 5, 2017.
4. The artist will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by phone on or before Monday March 13. Any works not selected must be picked up on or before Thursday March 16.
5. Works should be of modest size (no larger than 30” in any direction and need not be framed)
6. An artist may submit 1 or 2 works for consideration.
7. By submitting you agree to the reproduction of photographs of your work for the promotional and marketing efforts of the event.
8. Return a completed form (see next page) with the work to be considered.
9. All artwork must be clearly identified with the name of the artist, the title of the artwork and the medium firmly affixed to the back (or bottom in the case of 3D works).
10. Include title, date, dimensions in inches (H x W [xD]), medium/media and suggested retail price.(Retail Price: must be consistent with current market value.
Reserve Bids: will be set at 30% of retail price,. If, in the opinion of the jury, the retail price is unrealistic, the artist will be contacted and the price reduced with their consent or the artwork returned to the artist.)
11. Include a brief biography (one page max).
Selection & Criteria Process
1. Selection / Balance of Media – The Auction committee would like to offer a varied selection of media and subject matter in the works that are presented. This, in itself, results in the refusal of some good work.
2. The decision of the Selection Committee is final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted.